Over the past 10 years, teammates participating in CHS LiveWELL weight loss programs have lost over 148,800 pounds. In 2016, teammates lost more than 41,000 pounds.
New in 2017! Earn your Healthy Weight Reward with a weight loss of only 15 pounds and receive a $300 HSA contribution in 2017!
The goal of this reward is to encourage teammates to maintain or achieve healthier weight and waist measurements that do not create health risks or complicate existing risks.
If your weight is 20 or more pounds above the Healthy Weight zone (see chart below), the risk of chronic conditions is greatly increased. Chronic conditions include diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, heart disease, certain cancers and arthritis.
If your weight is above the Healthy Weight zone, the good news is just 5 - 10% weight loss can dramatically reduce your risk. The risk of getting diabetes is reduced by 40-60% if you lose 5-10% of your body weight, typically about 15 pounds.
Earning the Healthy Weight Reward
Earn the Healthy Weight Reward in one of three ways:
- Healthy Weight
- Weight/Healthy Waist
- Weight Loss of 15 pounds (your most recent weight from 2016 can be used as your start weight to qualify in 2017)
Healthy Weight Reward Goals
Healthy Weight Reward Form
Reward Schedule and Payout Information
|Measurements Submitted By
||HSA Reward Deposits After Pay Periods Dated
|March 3, 2017
||April 7, 2017
|June 9, 2017
||July 14, 2017
|September 15, 2017
||October 20, 2017
- Payout: For teammates on monthly payroll, payment is made at the beginning of the next month (May paycheck for the March date, August for the June date and December for the September deadline). See more paycheck information
- Reward Confirmation: Rewards are confirmed in your Total Health Portal > My Rewards
- HSA Transactions: Check your HSA transactions with Bank of America
- Missing Your Reward: Contact CHS LiveWELL at 704-355-8136. Please have your 6 digit employee id# available
- Your Primary Care Physician (PCP) or OB/GYN
- CHS LiveWELL Total Health Events
- CHS LiveWELL Consultants. Contact the LiveWELL Consultant assigned to your facility for work-site events or hours.
- CHS LiveWELL Office 801 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203, Weigh in Monday-Thursday 4pm – 6pm; Fridays 9am – Noon.
- Any one of seven CHS On-Site Care Locations. Teammates may drop in at CHS On-Site Care locations for measurements on a first come, first serve basis. CHS On-Site Care at CMC/Annex is open 7 days a week, 7am-7pm.Call 704.355.9345 for availability.
- CHS Cleveland T.R Harris Wellness Center. 201 East Grover Street, Shelby, NC 28150 Measurement hours: Tuesday 3:00pm-8:00pm & Thursday 5:30am-8am. Sorry, no measurements can be completed during patient rehabilitation hours.
- CHS NorthEast Wellness Center (formerly the Health and Fitness Institute). 1090 NorthEast Gateway Court, Suite 102, Concord, NC 28025: 704-403-9250.
- Carolinas Weight Management and Carolinas Weight Loss Surgery (or any physician-led weight management practice/program) Patients of the practice may have their weight documented by one of their providers.
- Other Weight Loss Program Leaders. If you are a member in a program such as Weight Watchers, Curves, Jenny Craig, etc., you may have your program leader document measurements; use the Healthy Weight Reward form
- Remote locations. If your CHS work location is distant from any CHS hospital and you are having difficulty finding a measurement options, we may have a Healthy Weight Reward champion near you. Please email CHS Healthy Weight or contact Kelly A. Campbell at 704-446-3057 or Lauren Hatcher at 704-446-1816.
Download a full list of Weigh-in/measurement locations: List of Acceptable Professionals.
What to do to earn the Healthy Weight Reward (HWR)
Athletic/low body fat/extra muscle weight
Low weight (below Healthy Weight zone)
Medical Issues with which weight loss is not recommended
Other: Religious exemption or situations where weight loss is not recommended by your physician
Notice Regarding Wellness Programs and Protections from Disclosure of Medical Information