Health Coaching is an excellent way to stay accountable to someone with your health goals. You can even link a Fitbit device to your Total Health Portal and set achievable goals with your coach!
- Establish goals for improved health
Connect you to appropriate resources within your community
Ensure you are earning all your CHS LiveWELL Incentives
Recommend preventive care
Start your Health Coaching as early as possible. Appointments become limited later in the year.
How to Earn the $100 Health Coaching Incentive
First, complete the Health Survey on the Total Health Portal
Schedule your first Health Coaching appointment on your Total Health Portal or call 855.438.0013 with your six-digit Employee ID # to schedule an appointment
- Coaches are available
Call your Health Coach at 855.438.0013 at the appointment time you select to begin your health coaching experience
Once you have completed your required calls, your Health Coach will activate your Health Coaching reward in the Total Health Portal. The number of required sessions is based on your Health Survey Results and Biometric Data.
Alternatives and Exceptions to Health Coaching
Health Coaching can be delivered in a variety of ways. Beginning in January 2018, here are some alternatives/exceptions to speaking with a CHS LiveWELL Health Coach:
- MedCost Smart Starts, Maternity Education program. Pregnant teammates can participate in this as alternative to health coaching. Teammates must begin no later than 20 weeks gestation. No form is necessary. Call 800.722.2157 to participate.
- MedCost Diabetes Care or Personal Care Management Program. Teammates who have been diagnosed with diabetes or facing a serious or chronic health condition may be eligible to participate. No form is necessary. Call 800.722.2157 to find out if you are eligible.
- CHS CarolinaCARE One-on-One Rx. If you are taking medication(s), you can speak with a CarolinaCARE pharmacist. The pharmacist can partner with you to manage your prescription needs, assist you with planning for pharmacy benefits, make recommendations for cost effective alternatives and provide a comprehensive medication review, and more! No form is necessary. Schedule CarolinaCAre One-on-One Rx appointment.
- Other Health Coaching Alternatives. Reference the Health Coaching Alternative/Exception Form for more information on Health Coaching alternatives, including:
- CHS Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
- YMCA Lifestyle Management and Medical Referral Program
- Weight Watchers (in-person meeting, no online)
- Quit Smart or other tobacco cessation program completion
- Carolinas Weight Management Center program or Weight Loss Surgery program
- Professional counseling or coaching session
- Mental Health First Aid, 8-hour class
- Know Your Numbers Lab Results Review at CHS On-Site Care (labs must be drawn by CHS On-Site Care in 2018)
- Compassion Champion (submit Compassion Log with this form)
Note: The Health Coaching Alternatives and Exceptions Form requires your program leader to complete a portion of the information requested.
- Early Bird Deadline: June 8, 2018. See below for more information. Refer to Early Bird Prize Drawing section below for more information.
- Normal Deadline: November 6, 2018
You will earn the $50 Bonus when you complete the Core Four by the deadline: Health Survey, Health Coaching, Know Your Numbers and Financial Health Incentives. Your HSA contribution for the Core Four and $50 Bonus will be deposited in January, 2019.
Early Bird Prize Drawing
All teammates are encouraged to complete the Core Four Incentives before the normal deadline. When you complete the Core Four EARLY, by June 8, 2018, you will be entered into a prize drawing to win one of ten Atrium Health Jackets!
If you plan to mail your Know Your Numbers form, please ensure it is postmarked by June 8, 2018 to qualify for an entry into the Early Bird Prize Drawing.