Over the past 10 years, teammates participating in CHS LiveWELL weight loss programs have lost over 148,800 pounds. In 2017, teammates lost more than 43,000 pounds.
The goal of this reward is to encourage teammates to maintain or achieve healthier weight and waist measurements that do not create health risks or complicate existing risks.
If your weight is 20 or more pounds above the Healthy Weight zone (see chart below), the risk of chronic conditions is greatly increased. Chronic conditions include diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, heart disease, certain cancers and arthritis.
If your weight is above the Healthy Weight zone, the good news is just 5 - 10% weight loss can dramatically reduce your risk. The risk of getting diabetes is reduced by 40-60% if you lose 5-10% of your body weight, typically about 15 pounds.
Earn the Healthy Weight Reward in one of three ways:
Check back soon for the 2018 Healthy Weight Reward Goals and Form!
|Measurements Submitted By||HSA Reward Deposits After Pay Periods Dated|
|March 2, 2018||
April 6, 2018
|June 8, 2018||
July 13, 2018
|October 5, 2018||November 16, 2018|
• Your Primary Care Physician (PCP)or OB/GYN, or healthcare provider
• CHS LiveWELL Total Health Events
• CHS LiveWELL Consultants. Contact the CHS LiveWELL Consultant assigned to your facility for work-site events or hours
• CHS LiveWELL Office 801 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203, Weigh in Monday-Thursday 4pm – 6pm; Fridays 9am – Noon
• Any one of seven CHS On-Site Care locations. Teammates may drop in at CHS On-Site Care locations for measurements on a first come, first serve basis
• CHS Cleveland T.R Harris Wellness Center. 201 East Grover Street, Shelby, NC 28150 Measurement hours: Tuesday 3:00pm-8:00pm & Thursday 5:30am-8am. Sorry, no measurements can be completed during patient rehabilitation hours.
• CHS NorthEast Wellness Center (formerly the Health and Fitness Institute). 1090 NorthEast Gateway Court, Suite 102, Concord, NC 28025, 704-403-9250.
• Carolinas Weight Management and Carolinas Weight Loss Surgery (or any physician-led weight management practice/program) Patients of the practice may have their weight documented by one of their providers.
• Other Weight Loss Program Leaders. If you are a member in a program such as Weight Watchers, Curves, Jenny Craig, etc., you may have your program leader document measurements; use the Healthy Weight Reward form
• Remote locations. If your CHS work location is distant from any CHS hospital and you are having difficulty finding a measurement options, we may have a Healthy Weight Reward champion near you. Please email CHS Healthy Weight or contact Kelly A. Campbell at 704-446-3057 or Lauren Hatcher at 704-446-1816.
Download a full list of Weigh-in/measurement locations: List of Acceptable Professionals.