Valerie Rutherford, HR Consultant, knows what it means to be a super mom and keep her family healthy together. In 2014, Valerie’s husband, Charles, passed away. With the loss of her husband, Valerie knew how important it would be to have even more love and a stable environment for herself and her kids. She uses family activities to keep them close and healthy.
Ways to Be Healthy as a Family
Make Preventive Care a Priority
With the CHS LiveWELL Health Plan, preventive care is covered 100%.
- Time Out for Prevention is a benefit offered to non-exempt teammates. Teammates receive a total of two hours of paid time off at any time during the year for routine preventive care
- To be eligible for Time Out for Prevention, teammates must participate in the CHS LiveWELL Health Plan AND their appointment should be completed during regularly scheduled work time
- If you need a primary care provider, go to Find a Doctor
- Review the Preventive Care Guide and get preventive screenings for the entire family
Family Health Challenge
Take the Family Health Challenge. Teammates will earn entries into the All in to Win prize drawing when they participate with their family.
Share your pictures
Share your pictures on the CHS LiveWELL Yammer page to show us how you stay healthy as a family using #FitFamily.
Participate as a Family
Here are some CHS LiveWELL Events and Activities that the whole family can take part in:
Complete the $300 Family Health Incentive (paid in 2017)
- The Family Health Incentive is for teammates enrolled in the CHS LiveWELL Health Plan – family coverage
- Deadlines: June 9 or September 15, 2017
- Get started
For more information about how your family can be Healthy Together review: